PakCanoe 170 Folding Canoe
U.S. Shipping Rates
Rates are based on order amount and valid for ground shipping in the contiguous U.S.
|Up to $49.99||$12.00||Contact Us|
|$50.00 - $124.99||$15.00||Contact Us|
|$125.00 - $249.99||$20.00||Contact Us|
|$250 and up||FREE||Contact Us|
Shipping to Hawaii, Alaska, U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and APO/FPO
Please contact us for a custom shipping quote.
We may, in our sole discretion, refuse orders that have different shipping and billing addresses. We may attempt to notify you of address conflicts by contacting the e-mail and/or address/phone number provided at the time the order was made.
Orders are typically processed in less than two (2) days and items are shipped directly from the manufacturer. Once your items have shipped you will receive an email with tracking information.
If you are not satisfied with your Wee Boats purchase, you can return it for a refund within 30 days of purchase. Wee Boats does not allow returns due to ordinary wear and tear or damage caused by improper use or accidents.
Exclusions: Gas and Electric motors (outboards), Gift cards, and items marked as “Final Sale” cannot be returned.
User manuals and instructions for most products are available below. If you cannot find the Wee information you need just Contact Us.
Canoes and Kayaks
Folding Boat Co.
Motors, Batteries, and Accessories
PakCanoe 170 is a wilderness workhorse folding canoe. It will carry enough gear for a full scale expedition but is still a lightweight canoe suitable for whitewater. Because of its big size, it spreads the load over a larger surface area and will float in shallower water yet it still only weighs 56 lbs! It's stability makes it great as a fishing canoe.
PakCanoes can often be found on the most remote rivers in northern Canada or Alaska, and it is gratifying that so many expedition paddlers trust their PakCanoes. On a remote river you simply can't afford to have your equipment fail. Because of their skin-on-frame canoe construction, PakCanoes flex and work with the waves in a way that hardshell canoes can't. The bow will rise and climb over waves instead of crashing into them and taking on water. This lets PakCanoes run much drier than traditional canoes in storms and whitewater.
The basic design of PakCanoes remains virtually unchanged since the first ones were made in 1995, but many details have been improved to adapt PakCanoes to demanding wilderness expeditions. Not all PakCanoes go on expeditions, but all PakCanoe models are sometimes used that way, so all PakCanoes are built to expedition specifications. It's nice to know your PakCanoe is built to take adventures - and occasional misadventures - in stride for years to come.
Wee Expert Tip - Wee highly recommends purchasing the Pakboats knee pads for all PakCanoes. The PakCanoe skin is foam padded but it is flexible. The knee pads will eliminate you from hitting your knees on submerged rocks and give you a more stable platform to rest your wee knees. You will need one pair for each paddler.
Too many different PakCanoe models? Check out the wee PakCanoe Selection Guide.
- PakCanoe 170 weighs just 56 lbs when fully assembled
- Supports up to 910 lbs, paddlers plus gear
- The two (2) included bench seats are very adjustable both fore-and-aft (range dependent on placement in canoe) and for height (3" range in 1" increments). The standard seat positions and adjustments work well for most paddlers but seating can be customized, just contact us with your requirements.
- Also includes an air pump, carry bag, and repair kit. The carry bag is 35" x 18" x 14" in size and made of heavy duty polyurethane coated fabric and closes like a sailor's duffel bag. The bag's bottom is padded with foam to protect the frame rods.
- Expedition craft must stand up to wear and tear, and Pakboats reinforces all abrasion areas where the skin rests against the frame. There are five heavy "keel Strips" under the bottom and thinner reinforcement strips to cover the gunwales. Additional protection against abrasion is provided by a closed cell foam pad covering the bottom between the skin and the aluminum frame to keep the skin from direct contact with the frame.
- Cross Ribs are connected to the gunwales by lockable clips to make a solid connection even when you grab the gunwale to lift the canoe.
- PakCanoe sides are protected by inflatable tubes on the inside pushing the fabric away from the aluminum frame and forming a built-in fender.
- D-rings are factory installed at both ends, half way up the stem to provide a low attachment point for ropes.
- Inflatable Tubes in the sides place flotation where it needs to be for improved stability and safety. The PakCanoe is easier to assemble because the inflatable tubes provide skin tension after the canoe has been assembled.
- Aluminum Parts are anodized to provide superior corrosion resistance even when the PakCanoe is used in salt water.
|Best Use||Canoeing, Expeditions, Camping|
|Material(s)||Skin of heavy-duty synthetic fabric coated with high-abrasion-resistance PVC over anodized aluminium frame|
|Weight Capacity||910 pounds|
|Warranty||3 year manufacturer's limited warranty|
|Shipping Weight||60 pounds|
Q & AAsk a Question
Do you ship internationally? I am based in Scotland.
Wee Boats does not currently serve customers outside of the Untied States. There is a PakBoats dealer in the UK and their contact information is below. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.
Singing Paddles, David Halsall
Green Park Farm
Devon TQ7 4EN