100Ah 12V Lithium Battery Group 31 RB100
Effective Date: June 3, 2020
U.S. Shipping Rates
Rates are based on order amount and valid for ground shipping in the contiguous U.S.
|Up to $49.99||$12.00||Contact Us|
|$50.00 - $124.99||$15.00||Contact Us|
|$125.00 - $249.99||$20.00||Contact Us|
|$250 and up||FREE||Contact Us|
Shipping to Hawaii, Alaska, U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and APO/FPO
Please contact us for a custom shipping quote.
Orders are typically processed in less than two (2) days. Once your items have shipped you will receive an email with tracking information.
If you are not satisfied with your Wee Boats purchase, you can return it for a refund within 30 days of purchase. Wee Boats does not allow returns due to ordinary wear and tear or damage caused by improper use or accidents.
Exclusions: Torqeedo products, Gift cards, and items marked as “Final Sale” cannot be returned.
User manuals and instructions for most products are available below. If you cannot find the Wee information you need just Contact Us.
Canoes and Kayaks
Folding Boat Co.
Motors, Batteries, and Accessories
Batteries and Accessories
Reboot The Boating Season - 10% OFF Relion - Code: WEEBOOT10
The RELiON 12V 100Ah deep-cycle lithium battery is the perfect replacement for a group 31 sized battery. Weighing in at only 30 lbs it’s a lightweight alternative to lead-acid and one of the most popular lithium batteries.
The RB100 surpasses expectation by being versatile, compact and more powerful than its lead-acid counterparts. It’s the perfect combination of size and capacity to fit many applications including, RV, marine, solar energy systems and more.
RELiON lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries provide more energy for high consumption than traditional lead-acid batteries. They also offer fast charging and discharging, high efficiency and a longer cycle life – plus no maintenance!
Not all lithium batteries are created equal. All RELiON Batteries use the safest and most stable components, including a LiFePO4 cathode and a built-in Battery Management System (BMS). The BMS ensures a long lifetime, safe handling – and high-accuracy State of Charge (SOC) calculations.
- 100 Ah
- 1280 Wh
- 12.8 V
- Group 31 size
- LiFePO4 battery chemistry
- Built-in battery management system (BMS)
Wee Expert Tip - Use a Victron SmartShunt battery monitor to conveniently read out battery parameters, like state of charge, time to go, historical information and much more via a Bluetooth connection to the VictronConnect App on your phone (or tablet).
FAQCan I use my existing lead-acid battery charger (Wet, AGM or Gel) to charge RELiON lithium iron phosphate batteries?
- Most likely, yes. RELiON lithium batteries are very charger-friendly. Most chargers today have a lithium charge profile, which is what RELiON recommends using. AGM or gel charge profile chargers will work with RELiON batteries. RELiON does not recommend the use of a flooded charge profile with their batteries. These chargers may reach the overvoltage protection limit and disconnect. It won’t damage the battery but will likely result in charger faults. See RELiON's Lithium Charging Instructions for more details.
- Some key differences to consider:
- RB100 battery: the standard group 31 lithium iron phosphate battery
- RB100-D battery: a DIN size battery, commonly used in Europe.
- RB100-HP battery: a dual-purpose battery, which provides a higher peak current than the standard RB100.
- RB100-LT battery is designed specifically for cold weather charging.
- Lithium iron phosphate batteries can be charged in as fast as 1 hour. We recommend using a rate that charges our batteries in 2-5 hours. Please refer to the data sheet for your particular model, to find the recommended charge rates. All of our data sheets are available on our website within the product section.
- Yes, the RB100 can be wired either in series or parallel. The difference between parallel and series connections: Parallel connections involve connecting 2 or more batteries together to increase the capacity of the battery bank. In this case, the positive terminals are connected together and the negative terminals are connected together of all the batteries until you reach your desired capacity. Series connections involve connecting 2 or more batteries together to increase the voltage of the battery system. The positive of one battery is connected to the negative of another until the desired voltage is achieved. For example, if you connect 2 x 12V batteries in series, the battery system will be 24V.
|Nominal Voltage||12.8 V|
|Nominal Capacity||100 Ah|
|Capacity @ 25A||240 min|
|Resistance||≤ 30 mΩ @ 50% SOC|
|Self Discharge||<3% per Month|
|Maximum Modules in Series||6|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||13.0 x 6.8 x 8.8” 329 x 172 x 223 mm|
|Weight||30 lbs (13.5 kg)|
|Terminal Torque||80 - 100 in-lbs (9 - 11 N-m)|
|Cell Type - Chemistry||Cylindrical - LiFePO4|
|Maximum Continuous Discharge Current||100 A|
|Peak Discharge Current||200 A (7.5 s ±2.5 s)|
|BMS Discharge Current Cut-Off||280 A ±50 A (9 ±4 ms)|
|Recommended Low Voltage Disconnect||11 V|
|BMS Discharge Voltage Cut-Off||8 V (2.0 ±0.08 vpc) (140 ±60 ms)|
|Reconnect Voltage||9.2 V (2.3 ±0.1 vpc)|
|Short Circuit Protection||200-600 µs|
|Recommended Charge Current||5 A - 50 A|
|Maximum Charge Current||100 A|
|Charge Current (0 to -10 ºC)||≤0.1 C|
|Charge Current (-20 to -10 ºC)||≤0.05 C|
|Recommended Charge Voltage||14.2 V - 14.6 V|
|BMS Charge Voltage Cut-Off||15.6 V (3.9 ±0.025 vpc) (1.1 ±0.4 s)|
|Reconnect Voltage||15.2 V (3.8 ±0.05 vpc)|
|Balancing Voltage||14.4 V (3.6 ±0.025 vpc)|
|Discharge Temperature||-4 to 140 ºF (-20 to 60 ºC)|
|Charge Temperature||-4 to 113 ºF (-20 to 45 ºC)|
|Storage Temperature||23 to 95 ºF (-5 to 35 ºC)|
|BMS High Temperature Cut-Off||176 ºF (80 ºC)|
|Reconnect Temperature||122 ºF (50 ºC)|
|Certifications||CE (battery), UN38.3 (battery), UL1642 & IEC62133 (cells)|
|Shipping Classification||UN 3480, CLASS 9|
|Best Use||Replacement for a Group 31 sized battery|
|Battery Weight||30 lbs|
|Warranty||60 month manufacturer's warranty period (first 36 months are free replacement or repair coverage then next 24 months are pro-rated credit coverage)|
Q & AAsk a Question
I have just purchased the RB 100 group 31 deep cycle batteries two of them hooked up as a 24 V system can I charge these with my Honda inverter type charger 2000
Since you have the batteries wired in series, you need to use a charger that can output nominal 24V DC and control the charging voltage and current as recommended by Relion. For the RB100 12V lithium battery Relion recommends a charge voltage of 14.2 V - 14.6 V, this means that for your 24V setup you would need to double those voltages. Please also reference the RB100 spec sheet.